Twitter

Σάββατο 2 Μαΐου 2009

Trouble.

I had some trouble with a couple of large-scale works and decided to invite a friend over to my studio in order to get a response whoch might be helpful.

And I was right: our talk and some of Leonidas' thoughts on one of the works helped me to overcome the block. I started painting my first explosion on works other than comics and it worked beautifully.
Why is it that every time I try to paint I get this crippling mental block which prevents me from allowing direct influences from media deemed more popular (and supposedly more vulgar...) like sci-fi movies or comicbooks or most importantly videogames?
Things that I'd be doing without a second thought on my comics such as this:

The Jap III p.5

I have serious trouble when I try to use them while painting a work.
And it's ridiculous because with painting you have no constraints of scale, medium, materials or otherwise.

No constraints except from those which are self-imposed and have not been yet clearly identified in order to be addressed - and hopefully eradicated...

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Powered By Blogger
The aim of this blog is to discuss and analyze the relationship between video games and the so-called Visual Arts.

Followers

Powered By Blogger

Η λίστα ιστολογίων μου